Here are the steps to create your own pomander:
- 2 pieces of floral wire (approx. 12 in.)
- Floral clippers / stem cutters
- 3" Oasis foam sphere (place in water, leave until it sinks)40 Carnations
- or similar sized flower (stems cut to 1")
- Crystal garland (optional)
If using crystals, tassels, or other embellishment, thread onto your wire.
Wrap the wire around the soaked foam.
(These now come with netting that makes this step unnecessary)
Twist the wire to form a loop.
Insert several flowers side-by-side to form a row.
Offset the next row to fill in the gap.
Floral glue may be added and is suggested if the ball will be carried.
Make a loop from coordinating ribbon.
Hang where desired!
I would personally opt for this rather than this