- If you want your reception to be formal and elegant, the sit down meal may be the better bet. Picky guests are more likely to be impressed.
- Your guests don't have to work for their food! This is especially helpful to elderly guests and guests with small children.
- You don't have to worry about running out of food.
- Guests don't have to worry as much about making a mess on their nice clothing.
Advantages of the buffet meal:
- If you want your reception to be more casual and laid back, a buffet might be the better bet. Guests are more likely to feel comfortable.
- Buffets are usually less expensive than sit down dinners. There's no wait staff to pay, and the food is often cheaper.
- You can offer your guests a variety of food options. People enjoy having a bounty of food to choose from.
- Buffets encourage mingling. They force people to get up from their table, at least once!
I want all my guess to be perfectly comfortable in my humble wedding reception so I pick buffet instead of sit down. By then my guests would have opportunity to get know each other, share thoughts, gossips, and free to mingle around mana tau terjumpa jodoh kat sana ke kan ;p Plus, some of my schoolmates are also uni-mates with my officemates. Get what I mean? By buffet then they can walk across table to table, and chat, chat, and chat. I want my wedding to be filled with lots of fun, joy, and laughters.
I want a simple and least formal so that everyone can do whatever they like and not feeling awkward about it. I want relatives and friends from every level to come and feel comfortable and awkward-less. I want a fun, fun, and fun reception that filled with joy and laughters. There, I said it again. I want.....